View our tech tips below to ensure your restoration is completed as smoothly as possible.
Cast Partial Repairs
Broken clasp or major connector
- Take the impression with the partial in place.
- After proper setting time, remove the impression, keeping the partial in the impression.
- Pour immediately or send to Artisan, according to the material’s instructions.
- If you have the clasp, send it along with the partial still in the impression.
Partial Denture Refit
- Take an impression without the partial in place.
- Send the impression or model along with the partial to Artisan.
Crown Under Partial
It is recommended that we have the partial in the laboratory for the entire time it takes to fabricate the crown. If that is not possible, please contact us for alternative arrangements.
- Take an impression with the partial in place.
- After the proper setting time, remove the impression, keeping the partial in the impression.
- If the margins are not captured, take another impression without the partial in place, for adaptation of crowns and margins.
- Send both impressions to Artisan, along with an opposing impression/model and a bite registration.
Porcelain Fracture on PFM or Bridge
- If the problem occurred during seating, send crown, impression and all model work back to Artisan.
- If the problem occurred on an existing or previously seated crown, and it’s not possible to make a new crown, it’s best to use a porcelain repair kit.